Writer and Editor
Experienced writer equipped to produce excellent content.
Hard-working editor with more than ten years of experience as a journalist, business, and content writer. Special talent for breaking down complex ideas into plain language, crafting compelling stories, and discerning what readers are interested in. Core competencies include:
- Interviewing newsmakers
- Blog writing
- Broke sales records for issues of Facility Manager’s Alert in 2014 and 2016.
- Collaborated with ResourcefulManager editorial team and compiled research for infographic that was picked up by Business Insider.
Freelance Writer and Author, Secane, PA
Freelance writer, September 2017-Present
- Articles published in Generocity and PAPrepLive.
- Fiction and poetry published in Bewildering Stories.
- Contributor to Empire Resume’s blog, where I’ve written articles about resume and cover letter help and general career advice.
Progressive Business Publications, Malvern, PA
Editor, April 2012 to November 2018
- Editor-in-chief of Safety Compliance Alert, a bi-weekly newsletter that covers trends in OSHA regulations, workplace safety, and workers’ compensation.
- Contributed to several other publications and covered topics such as HR, facility management, employment law, EPA compliance, sales, and finance.
Committee of Seventy, Philadelphia, PA
Freelance writer, December 2010 to February 2011
- Interviewed candidates for Philadelphia City Council and compiled Q&A’s for the nonprofit organization’s website.
The Monitor, McAllen, TX
Reporter, September 2009 to March 2010
- Covered city government, politics and general assignments in the McAllen, TX, metro area.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Graduated summa cum laude in 2009 with a B.A. in Journalism.
- Contributed news stories to the Temple News.
- Jack and Florence Steck scholarship recipient in April 2008 for outstanding journalism student from Delaware County, PA.
Mighty Writers, Philadelphia, PA
Workshop volunteer, October 2016 to February 2017
- Helped teach grade-school kids how to harness their creativity and write well during workshops, including one on comic book writing.